f

Friday, February 13, 2015

Thrifty Thursday/Valentine's Day Edition

I'm late!!!, but it's not too late to do a little something fun for Valentine's.
You may remember the bag I did for one of last year's Sew News sew alongs, the Emily Bag from IThinkSew Patterns. I made 3 and now I have none!!! All have been given away. Maybe I need to put my things away when people come by ;) 
I receive email updates from IThinkSew whenever they have a new pattern or a sale. I actually bought a pattern this week, this super cute pen/pencil case, I could have drafted it out, but it was on sale and it was so cute, so I jumped in. I actually plan to lengthen it a bit and use it with some of my art supplies. The one with the flattened end reminds me of a tube of toothpaste! That's the one I plan to make. By the way, this pattern and others are on sale through February 27th, so pop over and take a look.
While I was visiting the website, I decided to check out their free patterns and I found these adorable heart cookies. They actually look good enough to eat!!!! I think I'm really craving sugar ;)
So I decided to make a few.
Just to give you an idea of the size, here's one in my hand.
The little hearts would make great gifts for sewing friends. They're small, but they are great as pin cushions. You can also mix dried lavender with the stuffing and make sachets, perfect to hide away in a lingerie drawer. They would even be welcomed by a little girl for her imaginary tea parties. So lots of possibilities. I used beads and pearls that I had around to decorate my "cookies."

To get the pattern, go to the IThinkSew website which you can find HERE. Once you are there, click on the Free Pattern link in the left hand bar. You will need to create an account. In exchange, you will receive emails from time to time, but I don't find the company to be at all intrusive. 
The pattern has lots of pictures and is easy to read and follow. This would also make a great project for anyone who is just learning to do a little embroidery.
I plan to make a few more, after all, it doesn't need to be Valentine's Day to share your heart!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. These are adorable and I like the long pencil case. It would be perfect for paint brushes. Have a great Valentine's. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought about the pencil case. I have had my brushes in a box with a rubber band around it for far too long. Time for something a little nicer :)

      Delete
  2. These hearts are so adorable. Thank you for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete