f

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ann's Raised Waist Skirt With a Back Flounce

A few days ago I did a post to showcase the lovely skirts that Ruth and Cennetta made using the instructions I posted for drafting the skirt below .
I was heartbroken to find out that I had somehow missed the post that Ann of http://didyoureallysewthat.blogspot.com/ did on the skirt that she made. Hopefully late is better than never. Her skirt is impeccable and I think you will truly enjoy seeing it.
Like Cennetta, Ann decided to eliminate the high waist. but other than that, she followed the drafting instructions. Take note of the invisible zipper in the off set back seam.
 The back panel was cut on the fold which is great since there is less matching of the plaid.
Ann is an incredible sewist and makes the loveliest garments. You can see the post she did on this skirt HERE. But please don't stop with her post on the skirt as you will find lots of inspiration as you scroll through.

If by chance you have made something following a Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post, a Sleeves On Saturdays post, or any other drafting tutorial I've posted, I would love for you to link up to this post and show me what you made. It can be a daunting task to try and see everything that everyone does, so a little help is very appreciated and besides that I would love to brag on you too! So just click on the InLinkz tab and link up!
 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. 1) the skirt is fabulous but 2) and most important...thank you for the blog link. EEK! her work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt is gorgeous as were the others. Yes, better late than never. I have finally finished the rectangle tee, but no photos yet. Will send link when photos up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you so ;)
    I've actually had the pleasure of meeting Ann and she is just as lovely as her work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda,
    You and your friends are so nice! The skirt stitches up quickly and is a style you cannot readily purchase as ready-to-wear. I plan to make another in black cashmere for business use. Thanks for sharing your fashion ideas, I am inspired by them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great version of your skirt. I like the idea of eliminating the center back seam.

    ReplyDelete