f

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Me Made Mondays Part 2

Just a quick post. I was asked to post a few extra pictures of the dress I was wearing in yesterday's post, so here goes....
I did not arrange the front drape as nicely as I do when I wear it, but I think you can you can get the idea. I also don't have the rock hard body of my dressform ;)  
The dress has a center front seam
The center front seam is not a straight seam. As you can see, it angles out which is what allows it to wrap.
There is an opening in the side seam for the left tie to go through.
 It has dolman sleeves and I tie it in the back
The bag is upholstered with embossed leather. I did this bag quite some time ago and it is truly one of my favorites.
The front piece actually keeps the bag closed. I was one lucky duck when the 2 magnetic closures matched!!
 The bottom of the bag with the feet.
So that's my quick little dog and pony show for today.
I will be doing a tutorial on how to do the hat I was wearing. I initially thought that I would need to buy a new straw hat, but then I realized that I have one that could use a little freshening up.
I just need to find some fabric to use for the brim.
Thrifty Thursday will happen a little later today. I have a rather fun little item to show you. So, I'll see you later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

15 comments:

  1. Great, witty dress, you look amazing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love the split center & angled wrap on this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting dress! and very flattering, I might add. I would never have guessed it was a true wrap. So clever. Look forward to the hat tutorial and Thrifty Thur later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress! Love the way it wraps around! The hat is perfect with the look!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit. Everything is so classy and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, you look gorgeous! Can i e cheecky and askwhat pattern this is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the fabric used for the dress, please? Ponte? also, do you have a pattern for the purse?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is so beautiful and elegant .... Certainly, it looks better on you ... not on the dressform ... That bag, OMG! That bag! ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,

    Beautifully classic outfit from top to toe.......................elegant. Like everyone else, I would love the patterns for everything!!!!!!!

    Thanks for sharing and I am sure we would love a tutorial on your hat. I am an avid hat wearer and I have so enjoyed you blogging about the fascinator. As I say most of the time, my wish list of projects to do, just grows and grows and grows.............................!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever little dress! I also love the hat refashion. I have a couple of hats that are ready for the bin, but perhaps I had better keep t hem and work some magic!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chic yet comfortable - very classy. And the hat???

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is elegant and looks VERY expensive. Wonderful outfit. It's hard to believe you made that bag but I am not surprised. The hat on the stand is a stunner. I love that you wear hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny. The older I get, the more particular I continue to get about protecting my skin, especially with all the issues my husband has dealt with. So the hats are another layer of protection and hey, they are fun to wear :) The one on the stand will be taken apart for the tutorial. It's fine, but I would enjoy it being revamped.

      Delete
  13. Oh Wee! I want that dress, in black too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete