f

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning and welcome to a new week!
Last week I posted pieces from the Peter Pilotto collection that they are doing for Target. I loved the mix of patterns and colors, but a number of you, well, let's just say you didn't care for it :) I have always loved mixing patterns. Recently, a friend was over and she commented on the fact that I was wearing a pair of pinstripe pants with a patterned top. She loved it but said that she is apprehensive about mixing prints. She shared that when she mixes prints and stripes her sisters comment that she should not be doing that. My philosophy is, if you like how it looks, wear it and if you aren't comfortable, well that's fine too. After all, if we all looked the same, what fun would that be?!!!
Like many of you, I collect lots and lots of pictures as inspiration. So today I thought I would show you a few of my stored away photos. Sadly, I cannot give credit to anyone as I saved the pictures without saving designers or websites.
Does this dress remind you of a dress I made last summer? I really love this fabulous use of denim, tattered edges and all!!!
 Love the "shelf" band under the bust.
 You just might see something similar to this as a Fabulous Free Patter Friday piece ;)
 These insets give me tons of ideas!
Now, before you think I'm crazy, I don't care for the see through bra ;), but I love the work on the skirt and jacket. Of course I would like the skirt to be a bit longer as well!!
 This is such a sweet jacket. You have to look closely to see the bows on the sleeves.
It's difficult to see, but I think the fabric of the dress below is quilted. Regardless, I like the cascading fullness down the sleeves. Great sleeve idea!
 This dress is just so gorgeous.
 Not for everyone, but I love the horizontal stripes with the bow detail.
Fun use of old t-shirts.
 Oh my goodness do I ever love this cape!!!
 Another wonderful sleeve.
Very simple, but such a lovely idea for a shawl.
So that's it for today. I could go on and on, but I would rather not bore you too much!! Reminds me of a concert that my husband and I went to a few years back. I love the work of Doyle Dykes. He is such a gifted guitarist. He came to a point during the concert where he said that he had one more thing to share before he finished. My husband yelled out, "not so soon!!!" Doyle replied, "I found out the hard way that I can play longer than you can listen." And I can write longer than you can read!!!
Wishing you all a wonderfully inspired week.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. Oh....that knit sweater/poncho/wrap is so lovely!!!! Thanks for sharing your inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that denim. And the cowl sweater shawl...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some unique pieces. Some I'd love to wear, others just love to look at as I'd have no place to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY want to do that denim dress! Many of the others I like to just take a piece or an idea away from it. I designed a t-shirt with a shelf similar to the dress in the second picture. Something I'll wear much more often than I would the dress.

      Delete
  4. There are three pieces that caught my eye - the denim dress (for its technical brilliance), the beige sweater (for wearable elegance) and the linen jacket with the asymmetrical inserts (pure class, but does raise issues about what to wear under it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talking about sleeves. Every time I watch Lark Spur to Candleford and the two ladies that own the shops come out with their latest creation, I think of you because of the AMAZING sleeves on their dresses. So many other details too. The costume makers must sew for weeks to come up with those garments, and always two of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, I have not seen the program you mentioned. I'm going to have to look for it. I'm intrigued!
      I worked as a costume designer and yes, you can really be under the gun. But for a television program, they have a team of people sewing in order turn out those costumes. They also have access to costume departments which they can pull from. So yes, they are under the gun, but it not like they are all alone sewing away :)

      Delete
  6. I had a suit back in the late 80's in mustard with inserts in green and mustard. I loved that suit (RTW). I like all of your inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the denim dress is Junya Watanabe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I actually googled the image a few days ago trying to find the designer. You are like a little answered prayer :)

      Delete
  8. Here is another view of the dress on burdastyle review of it as part of the fit collection http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/fashion-a-z-highlights-from-the-collection-of-the-museum-at-fit-part-two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great picture and view of the dress. Thanks so much for sending me the link.

      Delete