f

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Beautiful Belle Handbag Sew Along Week 2

Good Morning Everyone!! Well, Ground Hog Day is still alive and well here in Chicago. It's a glorious day with a temperature of -2. WooHoo!!! Do you hear, do you hear my note of sarcasm?!!! Some years ago we had an incredibly hot summer. I vowed then that I would never again complain about it being cold. Well, that vow is officially out the window :) One blessing in all of this will be our spring. The tulips and daffodils LOVE cold temps and especially a lot of snow. So if this holds true, we are going to have one incredible burst of color come April. That is, if the snow ever melts!!!!
If you are following along on the Amy Butler Beautiful Belle Handbag Sew Along, this week's video is up for viewing. A little behind the scenes note. When these videos were taped, Ellen March, the editor of Sew News, was sitting across from me watching a monitor. Whenever I would finish a segment, I would immediately look her way. The editing team did a great job of cutting this out, but if you look closely at the end of this video, you'll catch a glimpse of me looking Ellen's way. When I was in Denver last month, they put up a screen so I was unable to see anyone. Probably a good thing :)
The Sew News blog has a written explanation of this week's video and you can find that here,
http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/2014/02/10/sew-news-and-the-belle-handbag-sew-along-week-2/
Some people do well with the written word and others do well by watching, so hopefully all bases have been covered.

Hope you enjoy the video!
Next week we'll start putting the bag together. It goes together so quickly, so maybe plan to make a few!! Like I've said, they make great gifts.
Here's a link to the Flickr page where you can see some of the wonderful fabric pairings that people are doing,  http://www.flickr.com/groups/sn_sewalong1 I can't choose a favorite because I think they're all great! Be sure to post your pictures to the Flickr group. I truly enjoy seeing what everyone is doing. By the way, my name on Flickr is Flying Seamstress. Now you'll know that it's me who's leaving a message when you see the name.
Have a wonderful day!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, -2! Spring will definitely be a relief. It's always such an uplifting season, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am truly looking forward to donning a spring jacket and no longer needing a face mask when I go out.

      Delete
    2. I am waiting for spring too,the new colors of thr nature are fantastic:great bag and explanations!

      Delete