f

Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to a whole new week!
A few weeks ago I shared the first of my pile of Modes Royale vintage catalogues. Hopefully, this is not growing too old as I thought I would share one more this week. This is the Fall/Winter collection from 1955/56. I think this is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it as well. Next week I will share another vintage catalogue from a different pattern company, so stay tuned!


I love the pocket detail on the two dresses that are in the middle of the above picture.

Such a beautiful evening coat!

Take note of how the pockets are extensions of the princess line seams in the above jacket.

The dress on the left is timeless.


I don't know that I would wear the above dresses as they are, but the button and lacing details are really interesting. 


Both of the above jackets are lovely. I especially like how the trim on the jacket on the right so perfectly matches the detail on the skirt.

I would love to see the coat on the left in person. Lovely lines.



I really got a kick out of the above picture. The right dress from 1 to 5. This is a woman who has an outfit for the morning, an outfit for the afternoon and another for the evening. Who has the time to change so many times? There are days when I do well to get one outfit on!!!!

A nice little stroll through 1955! Hope you enjoyed it and I hope it inspires you in some way.
Wishing you a safe week and special thoughts to those who live out on the east coast of the United States. Having lived through a number of hurricanes, I know how upsetting this time can be. May you all be safe.
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. This was very enjoyable. I was born in October 1955, so nice to see fashions that my mother & grandmother were wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love fashion illustrations.. Some of the designs I wouldn't wear but I still think their representation looks so precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fashion illustrations even if I wouldn't wear the design I still think their illustrations are precious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, I abslutely love these fashion illustrations. Keep 'em comin'. And thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, thank you so much for posting these wonderful illustrations. I just love them. I imagine myself that thin and pretty and fashionable. I can but dream

    ReplyDelete