f

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Little Tease

This is just a little sneak peek at the fabric that I am going to use for this week's pattern on Friday. A friend of mine has the most wonderful vintage obi fabrics. I told her about my project and she invited me to come over and take a look and see if anything inspired me. Everything inspired me, but I found these three that should be perfect. The obi in the above picture is a brocade. My camera does not do it justice. It has a cream background, with peach, lavender and golds running through it. 
This is a lovely silk, hand painted (am I lucky or what!). The colors coordinated so well with the above piece. I'm going to use this for lining, a lining that you will be able to see.
 This is also a silk. I needed one other piece and found this. I was so excited.
 So the three together.
I won't be using this piece of the obi, but I wanted to share how beautiful and special some of these are. Once the piece had been painted, they went back and embroidered over the flower. So pretty. The embroidered areas are only on one end. I'm giving this back to my friend. She makes table scarves and uses bits like this. I'll see if she'll allow me to photograph some of her work to show you. The scarves are lovely and are very interesting in how she combines the fabrics that she chooses.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my project will turn out as I envision it. Wish me luck!
  



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. The fabric is lovely I know the project will turn out terffic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are spectacular pieces. Can't wait to see the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see what magic you create with these fabrics, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete