f

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Glimpse of Heaven

It's been quite a while since my last post. We were in Germany attending the wedding of one of our exchange students. I'll write more about this later this week, but tonight I would like to share an incredible story.
Last summer I had the opportunity to fly a litter of Blue Tick puppies from Sikeston,MO back to Chicago where another pilot met me and then flew them on to Appleton,WI. Missouri is a hot bed for puppy mills. So sad, but this is a very happy story. Take a look at the puppy that is in my right arm in the above picture. She is now a grown dog living in Wisconsin and she has a job. She is now a psychiatric service dog. You can see her in the picture below wearing her vest, so proudly I might add.

I always say a prayer over every dog I fly hoping that they will find their special mission. Abby found hers.


The smile on this mans face is worth far more than gold. It's truly priceless.
For me this is like a glimpse of heaven. To know that a few moments of my time has changed someones life is the most incredible gift. Tomorrow morning I will be up early and off to Missouri once again to pick up a mother and her eight puppies. I will probably never know where they will end up, but I hope they will make someone smile as big as Abby has made her friend smile.
This is the first big trip since I lost my alternator in Ohio. So if you happen to read this, send a few prayers my way tomorrow. I'll post pictures tomorrow night.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. Great story, Rhonda. And I hope yesterday's precious cargo has an equally happy ending. God bless you always. Be safe.
    Cennetta

    ReplyDelete